Monday, December 20, 2010

Miracles on the Square

WELL HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's Marissa.

Thank you for joining me here on this site today! AND Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!! I am having a great time here.

Temple Square is beautiful. Adjusting and riding the high's and low's!! Let's see what shall I talk about- this weekend has been crazy with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and David Archlietta (spelling wtv) fiasco concert!!

It brought people from ALL OVER THE WORLD. sad story: a couple flew from South Africa just for the event but didn't realize it was ticketed. Um- heartbreaking! But we got to take them on a tour. This happened often this weekend and we were contacting like crazy!

I have to take my "history test" soon with my zone leaders. I'm not really nervous because I'll just be myself while holding hands with the Spirit of course (ps those of you who aren't Mormon- we don't really believe we "hold hands" with the Spirit. I'm just being poetic).....but the dates- I'm constantly quizzing myself with my companion. Temple 1853 -1893. Tab 1863- 1875. Assembly Hall 1877!! Oh yeah!!! P.S. with this crazy busy weekend that brings opposition- aka protestors. WEARING Santa Clause suits. WHAT? I had to laugh. I did laugh. Too loudly probably. But are you serious? ODD!

I got to use my French many times this week it was cool: on the phone with two Canadians, on the chat with some pepes, a man from Togo (Africa) came to the square, 3 RMs from Belgium,France, etc. missions, and me and my companion (Sis Littlejohn is awesome and we are really warming up to each other- but it's kept at an appropriate level of fun and reverance. shifty eyes. we're all good!) and she speaks Spanish so we speak back and forth in Spanish and French. We actually understand each other quite well. Pres Holmes promises me that I'll be completely fluent by the time I leave or even better than I am now- hmmmm miracles happen on temple square everyday!!!

OK SO SOME GREAT NEWS: our friend from Kansas from last week is an IRC (which is a temple square goal) Investigator Referral Confirm!! It means that the missionaries are in continous appointments with them. He is GOLDEN!!! I wanna meet him someday! He has really helped me gain a testimony for chat and Referral Center Calling missionary work! We also are teaching a man who lives in Bangkok for work but is from Nigeria and is dating an LDS girl on-line in Chile. It's NUTS and he is so prepared too!!!! I learn a lot from him and feel blessed for this crazy lifestyle to talk to people all over and work like crazy! I have talked to all continents multiple times (except Antartica).

Oh we are having a New Years Talent show within the mission- tell me why me, Sis Littlejohn, and another companion ship are doing a hardcore lyrical/contemporary piece. To a Christian rock band. Haven't taken dance seriously since Singapore but it's all coming back to me. It's good to dance and have that time of the day to let loose and do something I love. Video coming soon!!!!

Oh we also talked to a wonderful woman on the square this week that is soooo golden, too! Her husband received a Book of Mormon in the 90's and she just found it in their house and started reading. She was in town from Pheonix and we took her through God's Plan For His Family video and at the Christus, seeing the light of Christ light up in her eyes and feeling both of our testimonies strengthened- there is nothing like it!!!! I am so grateful for the opportunity to be an instrument in Christ's hands!!! We get to continue teaching her on the phone in Phoenix and she already said she wants to get baptized! Temple Square is a place of miracles!

The Pioneers went through a lot and I am glad it is turning over such miracles still 200 years later!!! I love this gospel! Even though I can lose perspective or become frazzled, this really has been one of the most amazing chapters in my life. My own testimony has been so strengthened. I have known for some time the truthfulness of this restored Church and the love of our Savior. But solidifying it and dealing with it 24/7 is such a blessing. Joseph Smith is the Moses of our day and how lucky we are to have a prophet now, Thomas S. Monson! We can talk to God personally and hear counsel for the whole church through the prophet. So many ways to receive revelation! Scriptures, prophets, prayer, church, etc!!!!! All of this is possible and centered on the atonement and love of our Savior. I am so grateful for him and this Christmas time where the whole world can be reminded! He is miraculous and the only way!!!! I love this gospel and hope you all are having a Merry Christmas!!!!

Until next week, may God answer your prayers! I am praying for you and love you all!!!

Merry Christmas

P.S. soooooo i really am an unfortunate soul in the health department. funny, sick story for the week. I took some of my new medicine (HIGH IRON PILLS) and I guess my stomach didn't like that too much but the shower was being used in our apartment. so I grabbed a trash bag for emergency. Then I knew I was going to throw up...... um..... I ran across the hall to the zone leaders apartment and knocked on the door. They opened the door (they're all having companionship study in their living room) and I'm puking in the bag. They are shocked! They rush me to their bathroom. It was embarrassing and a good way to be teased for the rest of the day! My poor issues!!!!! At least the WHOLE floor wasn't witnessing it. But of course I had to include my own apartment and another in my humiliation. That's just the way I roll!!!!!!! ok great!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

No comments: