Monday, October 14, 2013

Roses and a love letter

This morning was a train wreck inside my head! I had the worst headache! I'm guessing it came from a long night with Capri (who has been sleeping 4-5 hour stretches at night though!!) and a busy, packed Sunday! I really enjoyed being back at church (p.s. primary program practicing and unruly children- yikes!), getting a handle on work, and having our game night go into the late hours of the night! It was worth the headache. But the morning was still rough. And I couldn't get anything done except keep Capri happy and try to keep my eyes closed as much as possible! Well, Chase came home from school and when I saw him pull up, I was so happy to see him that I started crying from the relief. He was a little alarmed that his wife was streaming tears but with the post baby blues and hormones it's not too uncommon to him. I hadn't text him or told him about my bad morning- no need! So I explained my bad headache and apologized for the train wreck of a house, too! He just smiled and pulled out a dozen roses and the sweetest love letter from behind his back! It was perfect! I was touched! What a lovely surprise and he is quite the romantic. It was extra sweet, too, because just last night I was thinking about how I feel like a mom but not like a wife in the way that I am used to (not like it has to be one or the other but mom mode is definitely in full swing right now). Basically I was missing Chase. And ta da- here he is reassuring and loving on me more than ever. Well as much as he can during the six week dry spell! TMI! Anyways- it was such a beautiful day after that- with my headache and all! The flowers are beautiful and the letter was even more beautiful! Such sweet words! Thank you oodles, Chase!