Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas time!

Christmas is in the air! It is less than two days away so it makes sense :) My house is deep cleaned (i'm talking mopped kinda cleaned!), the laundry is going, and the baby is napping! We are prepping up for Christmas Eve and Christmas with the Andersons and the following week with the Schroedter's in Texas for T&T's wedding and a week of ringing in the happy New Year!

This time of year is always so amazing!! I hope I never have a tragedy during this season bc I want to keep it pure and only ever have good memories!

Yesterday at church, the talks and messages were focused on Christmas and it was powerful.
Giving, not getting, brings to full bloom the Christmas spirit. Enemies are forgiven, friends remembered, and God obeyed. The spirit of Christmas illuminates the picture window of the soul, and we look out upon the world’s busy life and become more interested in people than things. To catch the real meaning of the “spirit of Christmas,” we need only drop the last syllable, and it becomes the “Spirit of Christ.”
Ain't that the truth!!!! Can I get an AMEN :)
I also taught my last sharing time at my old ward yesterday and it was the most Spirit-led, successful one yet. I'm really gonna miss that Primary and call me crazy but after a couple weeks in RS, I can see myself wanting to be back into Primary! 2 years just wasn't enough! I was only in the Presidency for 6 short months and I was just getting the groove and that calling was beginning to feel like home- which is exactly why God wanted me to move, I'm sure. Not much growth occurs when you are too comfortable.
Oh no- the baby is stirring! False alarm. Good girl, Capri. 
Well I better cut this short bc I need to finish reading Insurgent before Texas so I can return it to ma mere and I'm at a great part (the whole series is pretty great and yet the whole different factions/districts controlled by the government is a little too cliche these days! (hunger games, matched, divergent, etc. But I still enjoy 'em and like seeing them put into movie form.) With this new move and job, I've found myself reading more rather than being hooked to Netflix and I'm quite enjoying the change/improvement.
Ok pics and then signing off :)
 Had a lil double date at outback with this sweet couple this weekend.
Then, later that night you coulda found us with 15 other chuck employees sledding till past midnight! someone brought a hollowed out box spring and you could fit quite the crew in that baby. i love sledding!! the walking up the hill is always killer but good for ya! 

whenever me and chase are having a hard time. well let's get real- whenever i'm having a hard time and chase is trying to figure me out ;) i almost always turn to the scripture for some perspective. i found this when searching under love! it's the truth! as i repent, i feel my cold heart warming up and the love blossoming.

the judgment on their faces! hahaha. it's funny how familiar Cpari is with iphone pic taking and it's almost like she knows just what to do and where to look! i babysat my friend's lil babe with Capri while I was on duty for the Storage Unit!! and it was quite the experience and they both are just the cutest. it went really well in all honesty :) and it's crazy what 6 more months can do for a baby! i try not to be eager for capri to grow up, but babysitting naomi was so fun!

speaking of capri growing up- she just hit her 3 month milestone! crazy! i want to know her stats!! but it will have to wait till her 4 month check up! also on her 3 month birthday, it was also the 2 year anniversary of chase returning home from brazil! that day will always be so amazing in my heart and memory! what a blessing to be with chase every day and the whole on two different continents thing is over!!! 
one of my fav clips from the homecoming video i made! i screamed so loud and i'm sure the whole airport was disturbed but the anderson crew was elated!! 
 another fav! total honor in his return! you can see it in his face! 
the infamous handshake!!

well the pics are dwindling down and i hope y'all have a Merry Christmas! We already opened our Christmas presents and Chase did so well at getting me exactly what I wanted!!! I really have a patience problem with presents! And we won't be coming back down after tomorrow afternoon anywho! We didn't plan it. We just woke up on Saturday morning and felt the need to celebrate with our presents! And more justification.......Now we can focus on Christ and family for the rest of the season! 

our early Christmas morning!
I love hanging out with this goob all day every day!! Her lil soul is even cuter than her physical, unarguable, impeccable, baby cuteness!
 Look at that lil face! She knows how cute she is :) And so does everyone else!

No comments: