Saturday, August 30, 2014

my almost one year old

it's crazy that soon i will be telling people that capri is one year old! i need to practice now saying "she's one." rather than "she's 15 months" or "she's 43 months." what a milestone! i'm figuring out her birthday plans still :) i'm thinking an intimate zoo trip! it's more for her zoo-obsessed daddy but i think she'll enjoy the animals too! and i can't wait for that cake smeared classic one-year picture! i hope she really eats crazy and doesn't disappoint! who am i kidding. that chick knows how to eat and disappoint? she never does. it's fun being a mom and thinking your baby is perfect. that cutie! so i thought i'd share 11 cute things about that little nutter! since she is still just 11 months.

1. Capri has developed a new trick this week. Throwing her head back and fake laughing. I swear she got it from Jane and I think it's adorable! she's our little copy cat.

2. She loves playing with kitchen utensils! And she got that from Jody! She is picking up what her friends lay down left and right. I gotta make sure she has stellar friends and understands peer pressure starting now! 

3. She is our little dancer. I was recently called to teach the oldest kids in primary and being back in primary has been such a blessing. Church goes by faster (which is good when you have a squirmy baby on your lap and you're often solo), my decision to stay all 3 hours is now easier, and Capri is easier to handle with all the singing and kids to stare at! You'll see her in the back row bobbing her head to the songs and distracting the primary kids. 

4. She is obsessed with laying on the floor of our closet. I have scarves on the ground and she scurries over and lays her precious head on the soft linens. 
 5. This chick also scurries (that verb reminds me of a a cockroach- well she is just as fast as one) to the bathroom anytime she hears us open the bathroom door, turn on the faucet, or pull the shower curtain back. She gets her hopes up so high that we'll give her a bath.

6. She is a rockstar at stroller rides. We took her to Swiss Days this morning (I'm such a fan and can't wait till I'm swimming in money and can buy all the masterpieces) and she was chill for hours. We went on a mini golf date earlier this week. Once again- she's just sitting there and watching the two glow-in-the-dark golf balls be hit from side to side. (I lost by one point! i really wanted to win that bet!)

7. She has BABY feet compared to her TODDLER cousin....... who is only one week older than her! I just love these two and their growth comparisons. It will be this way the rest of their lives I'm afraid :) constant comparing and scrutinizing.

8. She now gets into airplane rides. This age stage has been a dream. I try to spend good chunks of my day playing with Capri and spending real quality time with her! I love it! This evening she was chasing me around the floor (we were both crawling) for over 10 minutes. It really hurts your knees- so I had to surrender. But she didn't tire of playing tag!




9. She is obsessed with the kids upstairs. Like an unusual amount. More than she is with other kids. So it was perfect tonight when I was babysitting them. Capri was in her high chair eating dinner. Ava was swinging. And Kalel was entertaining them both for most of the evening!

10. I've been trying to teach her "No!" and it has been a struggle. I've tried snapping, speaking, constraining her hands, putting her down, moving her away, and nothing has worked yet. I am hoping she is just too young still. Otherwise I'm in trouble with some serious defiance and a child that laughs right in my face when I say NO! For now I have to take out the earrings, tie my hair back, be patient as I feed a spitting child, and snuggle an injured baby daily! We'll get there :)

11. And to leave you- I just took some major risks as I crept in to her room and snapped this pic! She really shoved her head up against those bars. My wild-hair button-nose!  I miss her so much when she's sleeping and sometimes I go in and stare at this beautiful daughter sent from heaven. I am one blessed mamma!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

yay! love that little doll. i think she and daryn are finally on their way to being besties!

oh and crawling is seriously the worst. i dont understand why it hurts so much.

Mom said...

I love that little girl!! She has such a great smile and personality. I think she needs to see her Texas Grandma!! When are you coming?

Kerri Andersen said...

oh my goodness how hilarious that she picked up on jane's ridiculous fake laugh. haha i love capri!!