Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Anniversary Getaway

I need to blog today bc tomorrow is the big gender reveal and that deserves space of its own! It less than 12 hours- we will know if this baby is a boy or girl! AHHHHHH!

Anywho. So this last weekend Chase and I were able to spend Saturday, Saturday night, and Sunday morning just the two of us! It was amazing and Capri was in her own slice of heaven with her Anderson grandparents. Thank you thank you, Dave and Julie! She didn't miss us one bit. The struggle was real for me missing her though- but I didn't show it bc I didn't want to hurt Chase's feelings. I am with Capri SOOOO much that I feel really uncomfortable being away from her! Chase can't really relate bc he is away from us so much daily! Regardless, it was amazing to be alone with Chase and have so many adventures. My favorite thing about the weekend was actually being out of my comfort zone, walking the streets, experiencing new things, and seeing Chase in a  new setting. It was that giddy new dating feel the whole weekend.

we exchanged presents earlier in the week, but still wrote letters to each other for the day of. ever since the mission days of letters, i have a permanent need of letters from chase!
i love how he signed it XOXO, Gossip Boy
he knows how to make me laugh and he just gets me


First, we went to the "best burger joint" in Utah for lunch. It was called "Lucky 13" and I can legitimately say it was the BEST burger I have ever had (and I'm not a Mrs. Steak Burger gal but it was heaven! Chase broke his diet on our anniversary getaway and he was elated with this place!) We didn't fit in bc it was a bar-type place, but once again- fun to be out of our comfort zone and fun to be carded!

Then we went to see the movie, Insurgent! Fabulous!

Then we checked into our hotel downtown! It was so comfy and nice! I had a rough night the night before with Capri (she was awake from midnight to 5 am..... yeah.....) so we relaxed and napped. She does this once in a blue moon! but they always land on my nights- i swear! backstory: to keep the peace with chase and i (who are both obsessed with our sleep) we have certain nights. He does Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and I do the others! It was a genius plan for us! Solved a lot of our late night mumbles and grumbles!


Then we walked around downtown- Salt Lake is an amazing little city and there was so much to explore that I've never noticed nor seen! We stopped by and saw my friend Mary and her amazing etsy booth in City Creek. She is such a role-model to me! Super woman!

Then we had the always-amazing Cheesecake Factory. We ate like Kings and Queens this day!

Then we kept walking around the city and went to my beloved Temple Square. We saw a proposal

and our fav T-square sister, Dani! We chatted for quite a while. It was such an uplifting time for me and I remembered all over again how amazing my mission is!


We kept walking around until our comedy show started at 10 pm! It was such a lovely evening and Chase and I love a good laugh. It was similar to "Whose Line Is It Anyways"! The clean, gut-busting humor made for a perfect caboose to our evening!
First one there! Front row!

We walked back to the hotel around midnight and crashed!

We were going to go to Music and the Spoken Word in the morning...... sleep won. But we made it back for church with the in-laws and our beloved Capri. I loved all the pics I got of Capri while we were partying! She's perfect!


I always look forward to our anniversary! Every anniversary has been so special and a great time for Chase and I! It's at a great time of the year for school being over and the warm season starting! I love it! Year three was our best yet and I so look forward to year four! 


No comments: