Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Girl's Weekend in Park City!!!

This was a weekend to remember. I have not had a girl's overnight since before I got married! And def before Capri was born. It will become a regular thing now bc it was worth $1,000 at therapy. Haha. Not that i need therapy! But seriously! 
I see these girls pretty often, but never without our kids running around being crazy and distracting us. To get back to the core of our friendship was incredible! I have learned so much from them over the past 10 years. How to have fun, learn, grow my testimony, laugh, forgive, be loyal, be a good wife, be a good mother, etc!! They are my favorites! 
So let's get to the pics: aka selfies everywhere!!
We shopped until Annie joined us at the Tanger Outlets!! 

Then had dinner at Squatters. Then to our condo for hot tubbin and swimming. 
Four girls hanging out.... it was weird to have guys flirt with us. That never happens to me when I have two kids on my hip or my giant husband towering over me. Haha. We just had to casually say, "Yeah our husbands are watching the kids weekend while we are having a girl's night." and they awkwardly made excuses to stop talking with us! Haha! It's weird to see the world from different perspectives like that! 

 Then we stayed up to the wee hours of the morning! Half of us had to pump! So we were still reminded of our motherhood duties! haha!!
 I love these girls SOOO much! i can't get over it. 
And I never smiled/laughed that much for 24 hours straight.

Kelly and I were on a pull-out couch and we def should have put the mattress on the floor bc sleep was impossible. We decided to force ourselves to stop talking and go to sleep at 4 am. Then a fire alarm running out of batteries beeped every 30 seconds at 4:30 AM until we checked out at 10 am...... so that's how our life goes. #FWP 

Then the next morning we hit up the alpine slide, yard sales, and had lunch!!


Trying to get a good pic on the lift was a challenge!!



The fall colors were breathtaking and I always feel like a movie star when I'm in PC! 

We raced! Kelly won! And Annie was dead last. She said she was taking in the sites..... sure ;)

Then we said our goodbyes and went back to our realities! I have been thinking about the girl's night non-stop and am changed for the better for this weekend!!

Glad every other night is spent with these two rascals and their dadd-io!!

Besides the fact that the lack of sleep caught up to me, it was perfect... and still not regrets :)
I am now sitting here with Grant and "we're doing laundry" aka I'm doing his laundry. I love having him at BYU. It's awesome. 
Not so awesome: I also have a splitting headache bc I spent almost 3 hours at the gym yesterday. The 7 pm Zumba was the best work out class I have been to and an absolute blast. Cody, Becca (neighbor), and I were jamming. The ab class was a joke- even my fittest self couldn't have done those acrobatic moves. 
And I have no idea why I have a migraine, but still worth it!! I'm guessing its the gym/ lack of sleep probs.
Chase told me to relax all day. I hope the office stays slow :) I cleaned my house and now I can just keep my children alive and shake this migraine (figuratively. def figuratively.) 
And my sweet neighbor/ co-worker Becca invited us over for dinner tonight so I don't even have to worry about that! A lot to be grateful for in this neck of the woods. Well i'm rambling and i need to turn my brain off! Wish me luck!



1 comment:

Kristy Grimm said...

That sounds like a such a fun weekend for you guys! I'm glad you could have some time for yourselves!