Friday, January 27, 2017

Cold Days

Life is moving here in the Anderson home. Our new facility is still not customer ready, but A LOT of work has been happening. 10 hour days and working like mad. Gate system, insurance, city inspection, fire marshalls, packing products, security cameras, cement trucks, roofing, post office approval, and the list goes on and on. 
It's crazy how my last three years of working for a storage facility has set me up for this job. But the growth is still intense. I am a real career woman with my kids tagging along everywhere these days. It's weird and we have seen the Lord bless us with miracles and awesome opportunities this past year! 
Chase is still doing school, his insurance job, and this job. I am doing the full-time stay-at-home parent and this storage job. Chase graduates in April and life will be a little easier..... until this storage unit company grows or our family grows or both!! 
Life is amazing and Chase and I are in awe at all the abundance and blessings we see. Okay anyways. I never really talk about my work on here, but that's what 80% of my day consists of so I wanted to catch y'all up. 
Now to the most important part of my life- family! 

We had a fun family date to Top Golf a couple weeks back. Grant invited one of his Christmas dates (see Christmas post if you missed that) and Haley was lovely. And I'm so proud of Grant for dating and doing his thing. Then to Black Bear Diner for lunch :) 


This winter has been a blizzard. But whenever the weather is above 35 we go to the park.... we're true Utahns. Sawyer and Capri love it- but Capri sat on Sawyer's hand when I snapped this pic so there's that.

I have been really worried about Capri's hair this past year. Shallow but true. The front part of her hair was half the length as the back and breaking all the time. I switched to special shampoo, I talked to the doctor about her fragile hair, and all to no avail. Then I realized the problem...... her baby brother. He yanks her hair everyday and gets 20 strands or more each time!

Me: "Capri, stop letting Sawyer rip your hair!"
Capri: "Oh, Mom! He's just a baby!"
Me: "Capri! I told you that when he was first born, but you need to protect your hair. You want long hair like Millie or do you want to be bald?"
That's how our conversation goes, but she's just so sweet to let her brother rip her hair out. She doesn't even whimper..... but we've been getting better. And I cut bangs specifically so when her hair is a ponytail, Sawyer can't grab it as firmly...... and it's getting better, but still! These two best buds are too kind sometimes!

And Sawyer has been put in time out for this first time this week 3 times. Once for pulling Olivia's hair and twice for pulling mine. I verbally warn him three or four times and he shakes his head and says "No! No! No!", smiles, and then proceeds to pull hair again.
So he sits next to me, I cross his arms, and count to 10..... and tell him he's in time out. He hates it and screams and squirms, but it seems to be helping. And Capri leaves the room crying (literally crying), "Mom! Stop putting my baby brother in time out. He's just a baby!" Hahaha. They totally team up against me!
Capri's new do!

Their Sunday best!
Sunbeams is smooth sailing now! We have the cutest 8 kids (Capri being one of them!) And the Primary Presidency really wanted Sawyer in nursery early bc the Sunbeams can't handle him with us. And I was nervous but he transitioned and loves nursery already. I can't believe it! What a blessing!

My crew!

Their favorite book. It's so cute how Sawyer shouts, "POP! OH NO!" 
And this book helps Capri count objects.
Recorded it for family records!

A weekend game night!
Becca became my ally, and I won Risk! We won Risk! 
It was epic! Eat it, boys!!
And we played, "Cover your Assets". One of my new fav games now!

A snow day Saturday!!

I have been reading this book the past four months and I HIGHLY recommend it. 
It has reiterated what a humble, strong, loving marriage can be! I've loved it and have loved applying it already. 
Kerri recommended it to Becca who recommended it to me and I recommend it to all of you :) 
Now I'm on to a child-rearing book so I'll let you know how that one is, too. I love to read the scriptures, a self-help book, and a leisure book everyday. It's not always clockwork, but it's my thing :)

I was notified last week on fbook that 7 years ago this big guy entered the MTC. What a great, vivid memory and two years!

A fun girl's dinner with Julie and Ciara and Capri..... and Sawyer. 
Love fam time!
My son is a little bipolar and CUTE!

And to end with a fun play date I had this week. Even though a kid mauled our babies and was out of control. 
A risk we always take going to play places in the winter!
So grateful for Becca and her friendship. She keeps me strong as a mother, wife, and storage unit chick!! 

The Anderson house will keep on treading and maybe my next blog post will have good news about the facility being ready for actual customers and real office hours! We're SOOO close!!

Have a great week and don't freeze out there (if you're in Utah) or be too jealous (if you're laughing at us someplace warmer!)

No comments: