So here you go!!
In the order they won:
1. Tyler and Logan #neighbors
2. Taylor and Caleb #thebrothers
3. Chad and Kina #themarriedveterans
4. Kmann and Katie #thegymrats
5. Rick and Grant #fatherandson
6. Becca and Ben #thematchingmarrieds
7. Dave and Greg #theoldmenbffs
8. Becca and AJ #themarriedfireballs
9. Braden and Greg #fathersonduo
10. Brianna and Andrew #brotherandsister
11.Ciara and Nathan #thenewlyweds
12. Brian and Aunikka #engaged
Some of my fav parts of the race:
- Chad and Kina (a couple other teams also) calling me saying they are cities away and don't know what #234 means.... the clue was in my storage facility in unit #234.....they were peeved, rushed back, and Chad and Kina managed to get into 3rd place!
- When my mother-in-law (who helped TONS with the race) called me in the morning to tell me Dave and Chad were packing flint, rope, and all kinds of supplies hahaha
- Nathan had a broken back and my dad had his recent knee surgery- they were a hoot
- When they did the ABC Walmart game and Becc and AJ went to the CD section and crushed it
- When Nathan saw the crickets (his biggest fear no joke) for the first time and he was the one who had picked the eating challenge... needless to say they took the penalty
- When AJ (the cop) realized his wife had picked the shotgun clay pigeon shooting challenge and they took the penalty and skipped it. haha
- Seeing Becca and Ben do "who let the dogs" out
- We didn't get any pics of chicken catching but it was still fabulous
- Getting all the snaps from Walmart
- Hearing ppl tell the story and seeing the vid of Ciara swearing like a sailor on the 30 ft drop rope course part in Provo
- Dave and Greg were in the 1st the whole time and took a 30 minute penalty on the map bc it was super hard for them and we all thought they had a huge cushion!
- Hearing my mother-in-law talk about each person eating the crickets in the kitchen and "bless their heart" and all the puking, gagging, and stellar jobs they did!
- Calling Chase back and forth as we filled each other in with what was going on with the race where we were
- How seriously fun and serious all these loved ones took the race!!
- And how now we will officially be having an annual Amazing race for sure from now on! Enter with a video audition and I'll pick the participants hahah!
Here's a summary of the race somewhat!!
IN UNIT 234
ROADBLOCK (Pick one partner)!
Who has the best vision? Pick which partner has the best 20/20 and attention to detail! Decide on your way and…… text Marissa which partner will be doing it before you get your next envelope.
Head to 40.133878, -111.806968.
IN BASKET AT SITE
You must shoot 3 clay pigeons in a row. You have 5 chances when you’re ready to perform. You can practice as long as you want, and let Chase know when you’re ready to give it a go! There are only two guns- one for practice and one for the finale! So use your time wisely!
CHASE WILL HAND OUT
Floor it to Wally World in Springville.
Find 26 items with titles in alphabetical order! Use one of your phones to complete as a group!
(i.e. Airheads, Band-aid, Clueless dvd, etc. all the way to Z!!)
Please send each pic to Marissa in the correct order on snapchat!
You may not take a picture of an apple (that has no words) and count that as an A object. It must have a title and be the first word of the title. I will not except “Fruit Rollups” for R, that would be for F.
Good luck!! If you mess up a letter in your snapchat order then I will make you start all over!!
Snapchat Marissa each image in order and she will text you you’re next clue
IN A BASKET AT FRONT DESK WHERE THEY SIGN WAIVER
You must sign a liability waiver. Then get in line to complete the rock climbing wall and 30 ft free fall as fast as possible, in any order you choose! Don’t get stuck in line or in the back of the pack!
CHASE WILL HAND IT
#4 ROADBLOCK (Pick one partner)
The human mouth has over 10,000 taste buds. Drive over to ***** **** ****** Dr. in Bluffdale (Chase’s parents house), ring the front doorbell, wait for someone to answer it, and ask for the Amazing Race special! ……. text Marissa which partner will be doing it before you get your next envelope.
IN A BASKET hidden in kitchen
Eat this plate of delicacies in 15 minutes.
Crickets, Octopus, and Fish Tofu!
If you can’t complete the plate in 15 minutes, then you must order a second and have two servings total! Water will be provided!
JULIE WILL HAND IT OUT (AND PART 2)
DETOUR (PICK WHICH OF THE TWO TASKS!
YOU ONLY HAVE TO COMPLETE ONE. YOU CAN SWITCH IF YOU WANT.)
Pick either/or! Work as a team! Do you have fast hands or fast feet? Choose your own challenge by your strengths. Let Julie know if you want to be fast with your hands or feet and she’ll give you your next clue!
HANDS: Catch one chicken and put them in their coop! Find for your next clue by the coop.
FEET: Go to this youtube link https://youtu.be/ni1MKie7l7Y and both of you must learn this dance. When you want to perform it and pass it off, go find Marissa in the basement. Break a leg!!
MARISSA OR CHASE/HELPER WILL HAND OUT IN BASEMENT OR BY COOP
ROADBLOCK (Pick a partner)
Who loves to travel? Pick one of you to complete this challenge. If one of you did the other two roadblocks, the other partner automatically has to do this one. You each must do two roadblocks each! Good luck! Julie will give the partner that is chosen part 2 in the front yard. You cannot ask each other for help…… text Marissa which partner will be doing it before you get your next envelope.
JULIE WILL HAND OUT IN FRONT YARD
Place these 10 countries in their correct geographical spot with a star (for the spot) and their name next to the star! If you can’t do a country or two or three…... there will be some time penalties for every country you miss. You can take as much as time as you want. No using your phone for help or asking your partner. You could see if another team performing the task would be gracious enough to help you. But I doubt it! You can ask Julie if it’s correct as many times as you want. There will be no time penalties for multiple tries; just if you give up.
RACE TO THE FINISH LINE BY CAR!!!
Phillip Gates Memorial Park in Bluffdale!
The AMAZING RACE movie compilation
and some hot tub, ping pong, homemade pizzas, and outdoor fun after the race was over!!!