Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Anniversary celebrations

In about 25 years these kiddos will probably be celebrating their first anniversary and this will be what they look back at. HAHAHA. 

Well, my anniversary is May 3rd. FIVE YEARS!!! I can't believe it some days and other days it feels like 15. 
Our actual anniversary, that's the day Cody and Chase are flying out to Europe. So Chase surprised me this weekend on Saturday with a full day date and overnight date planned! He even trained Cody for the whole month beforehand so Cody could cover the office. I was shocked and am always ashamed at how much better Chase is at keeping secrets than me!! Haha. 
And a huge thanks to Julie for taking on those grandkids of hers once again! Living by family WIN!
We had an amazing day. The tulip festival at Thanksgiving point (I've never been and thought it might be too expensive and not worth the pay- but I was wrong. It was incredible and more than I ever hoped for. I will be going back every year!) Then out to lunch at Zupas (of course!) then mini golf at Liberty Land! then naps! then India Palace (again of course!) then the OC and treats till late in the night (Chase and I have never seen the OC and we found it on hulu and we've been watching it together. I feel like I'm 16 and it gives me some hs anxiety but overall we think it's funny and pretty good!)

On to the many many pics! Chase was going pic crazy bc he loved the tulip festival as much as me!
The cute trolley we took from the parking lot to the Ashton gardens.

The PDA pic of the day that was taken by these adoring old ladies!

Tulips are my fav flower but one of my fav parts was still this "Light the World" garden. 
Jesus walking on water and Jesus showing his resurrected self to Mary. He's showing himself to doubting Thomas in the very back statue. 

The atonement in the Garden and the carrying of the cross

I've always loved the story of the "woman with an issue of blood" bc of the story itself and my UC issues. I can relate :) and hope I have as much faith and courage as her.

Mary and Martha.
Chase specifically told me to stand next to Martha since I have a real problem of always being busy with housework and it's never ending...... Nice...... but still true. 

They had scriptures to look up at each statue. We had to look up this pic to see what the exact story was. We loved it.
LUKE 7
41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty. 42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most? 43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged. 44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head. 45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet. 46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment. 47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. 48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. 49 And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? 50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.
The first vision

This was an awesome two-part display with Jesus and the sisters calling down to Lazurus in the tomb

Jesus writing in the sand and forgiving the adulterer

Talking with Cody on the phone many times to help him with a customer!

And enjoy the gardens with these many pics!



This adorable girl with the binoculars! She wouldn't put them down and I need to remember to do this with my kids. They'll love it!





Liberty Land and when we were mini golfing we found this fantastic billboard.

And back to reality. What my life actually looks like every day. My office view.

And some Sunday best!

I thought Capri was just taking pics on my phone. Nope she was posting them on snapchat haha!

Saw this quote on fbook the other day! Loved it and reminded me of a good family discussion I had over Easter about the purpose and power of prayer.

Found this piano book holder gem at Saver's for $2.99
I was proud of myself.

And yesterday, Sawyer thought it was hilarious during hide and seek that I was in his crib! 
Well customers are coming in and I better go! The kids are napping and I got some laundry and blogging done. Success! Over and out!

1 comment:

Lauryn Koski said...

So awesome! I loved every inch of this post! Also, you have trained Capri well with those snaps! I am highly impressed with her abilities;) Love ya!